Reflecting back on the class, I can say that I have learned more about technology in this one semester than ever before. I have realized the importance of technology in the classroom and how to effectively use it. After finishing the digital citizenship project I have also realized that there is a lot that goes into teaching about technology beyond the simple instructions of how to operate it. I think that this project has been one of my favorites along with the story books. I will always refer back to Mrs. Adair's Blog for resources and great ideas to use in my classroom. I am excited to see how this final project will turn out!!!
Being in your Instructional Design class as well, I noticed the change that Tech in Edu. made upon your teaching style. Although the creativity was still there, your presentations seemed more tech savvy and refined. I absolutely loved how you incorporated videos in your Instructional Design final and wonder if that came from being in this class. Overall, it has been such an encouragement to witness the growth and impact this class has made upon your lessons!
ReplyDeleteI really like your point about there being more to technology than just incorporating it. The digital citizenship project did that for me as well -- I had never considered the implications of opening up the world to students through technology. It is the responsibility of the teacher to make sure that if we open that world up to our students, then we make sure that they know safe practice and how use the tools responsibly. Very interesting!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you! I learned a lot about technology and will definitely refer back to these blogs in the future. I am terrible with technology but this class made me realize how important it is if I am going to teach! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete