Cluster Map


Monday, April 15, 2013

Week Thirteen

Features of Word, Excel, and Power Point: 

Word: Mostly everything. Because writing papers is something that every college student does mostly everyday, I have mastered Microsoft Word:) I normally use footnotes, page numbers, header, footer, highlighter, font, font size. A fun project for students in a classroom learning how to use Word could be a scavenger hunt. The students would have a list of tasks they needed to complete and print them out when finished. For example: The word "cat" in 56 pt. font, blue, in Times New Roman. 

Excel: Excel is one of those programs I never really got around to using. Although our budget of death is made from excel, I left that up to my husband. Thanks to Annette, I now know how to make a pic chart and insert data for graphs. I think that doing a math lesson is a great way for students to understand how to use excel. 

Power Point: This is one of those programs that I have utilized a lot in school. I remember making Power Point Presentations in high school and throughout college. I have also become a master at using Power Point. I like to make slides, create fun headings, use borders, change color, insert pictures and sound, use fun transitions and insert clips. A fun project to get students familiar with Power Point could be anywhere from a Power Point story of their lives, or a fun trip they went on, to a Power Point of their favorite things. This would be a great lesson for students to make a presentation of themselves and become interested in how to use the program. 


No comments:

Post a Comment