Cluster Map
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
End of Semester Reflection
What have you learned regarding technology in education this semester?
What havent I learned this semester in our class. I have learned great things about technology and how to integrate them into our classroom. I think that this class is an exceptional class for any Elementary Education Major. Everything about this class screams elementary school. I loved how relevent everything we learned was. For example: the Story Bird website is a fun up-to-date way to explore story telling. I also have learned that even though technology is a great tool, it can also be used in the wrong way. I have learned a lot about digital citizenship and the importance of it. I think that this is one of the most important things we have learned in the class this year. If you dont know how to use the technology correctly than it will not be effective for your students.
What progress have you made on the NETS for Teachers that you focused on this semester?
One of the most important Nets that I have been working with all year is to "Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity." I think that this is an important Net because teachers are using their knowledge of the technology and sharing it with their students. I expect my students to go above and beyond what I have asked them to do. This wont happen though if I am not inspiring them to do so.
Like I talked about above, digital citizenship is very important to learn and to teach. Another Net that I have been working with is to "Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility." If I am using the technology correctly, so will my students. I think that with a lot of creativity and respect for and with the technology, a student and teacher can produce wonderful things.
This class has been one of my favorites all year. I am excited to go to class and know that I will actually use what I am learning in my classroom. It is extremely relevant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment