Cluster Map


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Reflection Eight

Internet News

As I reflect on the horrible Boston Bombings, I am sadden for every single person who has been effected by it. I also reflect on the technology of news through the internet that has helped us to stay updated. The internet has done so many great things for us. For example: when my sisters husband is deployed to the Middle East, his three children can have contact with him. When horrible events like the Boston Bombing take place, we are able to know within a short amount of time. And finally, for us students, making our lives so much easier. As I go on about how wonderful the internet is, I am thinking of ways that this event could be made into a lesson in our classrooms using the internet. I know that for a current events class in high school, this would be a great topic to discuss and the internet could be the main source of information. How amazing that we can read about something that took place a couple days ago, even though horrible, and don't have to wait for it to be published in a history book. The internet can be used as a source in our classrooms for streaming live news, reading articles, and watching the events that take place. I know that this will be incorporate into my classrooms at some point. The internet is a wonderful thing, that when used correctly, can be effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment