Cluster Map


Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week Seven

Save the trees.

After watching the, Ten Ways to Use Your Edublogs, I thought, what a great idea, we should use our blogs for math. This can potentially eliminate all of the paper that teachers give their students and instead of students loosing all of their lovely assignments (especially young boys) why not just have all of them listed on the blog. This would also be a great way for the math teacher to post mini clips of them solving a problem or using a special formula, so when at home, students can watch the mini clips if stuck, plug in their own numbers on the homework, and solve the problem. How I would of loved to record everything my math teacher was doing on the white board so when I got home I could actually do my homework instead of forgetting what had been taught in class that day.

Students can also create forums and chats while doing their homework. This will enable them to ask questions to other students for help when working on homework.

Also, teachers will be able to easily share their material with other teachers.

And finally, students will always know what their homework is, because it will be posted on the blog. Even if you are absent, the student will still feel like they are apart of the class.

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea. My only question is would students turn in their homework online? If so, that system seems problematic because it would tremendously complicate showing your work.

    I love the idea of a discussion forum. In high school, I only attended math class once a week, so it was very easy to forget what we had talked about in class. The forum would allow students to build a community with each other and practice their communication skills. Now that I think about it, I think we actually did have a discussion page in my senior year which was tremendously helpful.

    This idea makes me excited about math! Let me know if you come up with any other great ideas!

    ReplyDelete