Cluster Map


Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week Five

Promethean ActivBoard:

After reading and watching a lot on the Promethean ActivBoard, I am sold. I really like the features the board offers. One of the nicest things I found, was that when a student comes up to write something, the ActivBoard will change the handwriting into a typed word. This would make it more legible and easier to read if the child or teacher has sloppy handwriting. One thing I didn't like about it, was that you cant use your finger to operate the ActivBoard like you can the SMART Board. The research that I found regarding the ActivBoard is that they are more user friendly in the Elementary classroom. I think that having a user friendly piece of technology can really make or break a child's interest in it.

ONE QUESTION: Because the ActivBoard is more expensive than the SMART Board, what are the chances of us working with one in the future. Are most classrooms going to have SMART Boards because of the price?

LINK: http://lionsden.tec.selu.edu/~atrant2/etec%20680/Interactive%20White%20bd%20Presentation.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment