Cluster Map


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week Three


What does “dial” a number mean, anyway?

During my school days, I can remember chuckling when a teacher didn't know how to properly use a piece of technology. I remember myself knowing how to use it better than they did. The sad thing is, I will probably become that teacher I was laughing at 10 years ago when my students know how to work pieces of technology better than I do. When reading the assigned article, I remember most, “The single biggest problem facing education today is that our Digital Immigrant instructors, who speak an outdated language (that of the pre-digital age), are struggling to teach a population that speaks an entirely new language.” My students will be the ones that are born into this new language and will speak in fluently. This article has given me courage to learn as much as possible about technology in the classroom. I want to speak the same language as my students and instead of teaching my students the old; I want to learn the new. I also want to take advantage, like talked about in the article, and learn from my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment