Cluster Map


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week One


Why I decided to become a teacher?

Being the first in my family to attend college, school wasn't the most important thing to my parents, but rather, worrying about how they were going to put dinner on the table. Even though my parents didn't put education first, at a young age I found my love for learning. This unknown desire of becoming a teacher that the Lord has placed in my heart has recently surfaced and is now like an overflowing fount full of overwhelming love for children. I desire to work in a low-income public school, not only because I love these children, but because I have walked in their shoes and can now relate to them and what they are going through in life. I know that when given the chance, I will be an effective teacher who will make positive influences in my students and school.

I am excited to learn how this new generation of children will be positively affected by the way we (the teachers) can and will implement technology into our curriculum using it in many different ways. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,
    I appreciated your story about your upbringing and the influence that will have in your future classroom. I am sure your students will benefit from your sensitivity and compassion. Hopefully this class will help you see how to incorporate technology in a fun and meaningful way to level the playing field for all students.
    Thank you,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete